Sunday, November 9, 2014

Admittedly plagerized

First off I'll say this - below are not my own words. They were written down while listening/watching a TV Drama on Netflix. I heard the words and replayed that segment since I was able to 'pause/start' to get the full content. Written by a father in a future letter to his sons, I felt it echoed what I am learning (again) today. It's so simplistic yet I struggle with it every day. I find myself 'pleasing' again in my primary relationship. Self-censoring on things that bring me joy, not allowing myself to enjoy the Happiness in my circumstances, changing my thoughts/ideas on what I like because I don't want to upset my partner. I don't sleep well, wake up apprehensive, have a created a perpetual cloud over my head. I know this is an unhealthy place for me to be. Here we go -

"Examiner yourself. Figure out what is important to you. Know yourself, what's in your heart. Don't be swayed by Fear, or by History, or the opinions of Outsiders. Find your own Truth as it will lead you to the things you love."

Right now, right this very moment, I realized that all those things are drawing my down. Those are my Demons. They cause the uneasiness in my soul. They distract me from God's message and lesson. How am I to be engaged in a primary relationship if all I do is allow these demons to control who I am?

At least this time I'm am realizing it early on, learning the cause and effect, and what to DO with it all. What to do is this - stand here facing these demons, smile, be kind, and state my Truth. They hate it when I do that.

And that, gives me great pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment